Old October 25th 04, 06:45 PM
Hank Oredson

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
Walt Davidson wrote:
D'oh! Why did you guys ever abandon what was once a very sensible
call-area system?
;-)

Because if we hadn't, I'd have to be something like "KW4XX".

(think I'd have stayed in Wisconsin if we had to do that!)

Or perhaps WI4WI ;-)

--

... Hank

http://horedson.home.att.net
http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old October 25th 04, 09:35 PM
Peter Dougherty

Doug Smith W9WI said :

Yikes, if you're a DXer & you weren't on this weekend, you aren't a DXer!

Yeah, yesterday was the best condx I've seen in 2 years. Even worked
Mongolia and Thailand on 20 (east coast, dipole) and a whole bunch of
new band-countries on 10 and 12.

Now let's hope we have some of that propagation left for this weekend.
I hope it won't be as bad as last year's X10 flare fest was!!

'Twas good today, but nothing like yesterday.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Old October 26th 04, 05:43 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

Walt Davidson wrote:

D'oh! Why did you guys ever abandon what was once a very sensible
call-area system?
;-)

Because if we hadn't, I'd have to be something like "KW4XX".

(think I'd have stayed in Wisconsin if we had to do that!)

Or perhaps WI4WI ;-)

I'd be more popular with TN4TNgrin.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old October 26th 04, 05:43 AM
Doug Smith W9WI

Walt Davidson wrote:

D'oh! Why did you guys ever abandon what was once a very sensible
call-area system?
;-)

Because if we hadn't, I'd have to be something like "KW4XX".

(think I'd have stayed in Wisconsin if we had to do that!)

Or perhaps WI4WI ;-)

I'd be more popular with TN4TNgrin.

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
http://www.w9wi.com

Additional Line Losses Due to SWR Robert Lay W9DMK Antenna 194 December 9th 04 12:30 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 10 January 1st 04 10:54 AM
Mode for Best Throughput? Andy Knitt Digital 22 November 7th 03 01:31 AM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM