Old October 25th 04, 09:22 PM
G. Doughty

Default New to DX with limited resources

Hello to all,

Looking to give DX a try. I have two attic dipoles for 20 and 40 meters. I
have a ten-tec scout 555 that runs 50 watts wide open. Anyways, I am trying
to find a "node" to use on my laptop but am unsure what I need. I think all
I need is a 10m radio (I have an htx 10) antenna (easy enough for a dipole
in the attic) and a computer. Is that true? Also, with the computer, I am
aware of Telnet, but how do I access a local node? I am probably talking
out of my arse, but I think it would be interesting to get it all hooked up.
I use a computer logger but I think I can access the node through a phone if
need be. If it sounds like I'm confused, I am. A little help will go a
long way.

Thanks so much

Antenna for 80m and limited space SMØIMJ Antenna 6 July 29th 06 08:54 PM
suggestions for a limited space HF antenna.. vertical or dipole N2EY Antenna 0 May 28th 04 09:15 PM
Comparative Reference to Internet Resources for Antennas and Other Related Topics pez/sv7bax/dag Antenna 0 April 16th 04 08:35 PM
Isotron Limited Space Antennas Phil Dx 4 August 20th 03 06:03 PM
Isotron Limited Space Antennas Phil Dx 0 July 22nd 03 05:15 AM