Old August 2nd 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Uniden GMFS-325 Power Output?

I'm trying to use this unit as a benchmark performance wise since I have
used it successfully from time to time.

Curiopus as to it's power output since it is NOT mentioned in the manual or
appears in a search anywhere online

Thnx

jeff

Old August 2nd 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I meant the GMFS635 not the GMFS325, the 325 is 500MW

Jeff

news:wsKdnXZ_ycCJYlLZnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@velocitywest .net...

Old August 2nd 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"Jeff" wrote in
newsfydnRFOfPsPYlLZnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@velocitywest .net:

I meant the GMFS635 not the GMFS325, the 325 is 500MW

Ah.... there is no "GMFS"

Did you perhaps mean "GMRS"?

You need to look up the FCC ID at the FCC website. This will give you the
output power. The FCC ID is usually located on the label at the back of
the radio.

Typically, manufacturers grossly overstate power claims as well as range
claims on these consumer-grade radios. Very sad state of affairs.

Go here to look up what you need:

https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/c...ericSearch.cfm

Old August 2nd 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

VERY useful information!!!!! Thnx

But on some reports, power output is expressed as dBm....not wattage

Jeff

Old August 2nd 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

VERY useful information!!!!! Thnx

But on some reports, power output is expressed as dBm....not wattage

Easy conversion.

(dBm - 30)
Wattage = 10

dBm = 30 + log10(wattage)

30 dBm is 1 watt, 33 dBm is 2 watts, 36 dBm is 4 watts.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO