Old August 14th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood quitting Ham Radio?

Actually, Kenwood is coming out with new 'D-Star' gear in the very near
future.

"deryck lant" wrote in message
I heard a rumour on the air that Kenwood is quitting Ham Radio.
Can that be possible true? The TS-480 was truly excellent and
the TS-2000 really an innovation.

Would be a sad loss.

Deryck G0KOR

Old August 14th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

The message
from "A.E. 352" contains these words:

Actually, Kenwood is coming out with new 'D-Star' gear in the very near
future.

"deryck lant" wrote in message
I heard a rumour on the air that Kenwood is quitting Ham Radio.
Can that be possible true? The TS-480 was truly excellent and
the TS-2000 really an innovation.

Would be a sad loss.

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR
Old August 14th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed Ed is offline

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR

Do a Google Search on Kenwood D-Star. I found several pictures...

here's one:

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Ed K7AAT

Old August 14th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

The message . 196
from Ed contains these words:

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR

Do a Google Search on Kenwood D-Star. I found several pictures...

here's one:

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Thanks Ed. I should have been clearer - what new product is expected from
Kenwood?

Deryck G0KOR
Old August 14th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I think that Kenwood is going away of the amateur-market.
The production of the TS950 and the 790 is ended a long time ago and is
replaced with the TS2000 ... says enough for me i think.....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans Pluijgers

callsign : PA3HGT
http://www.pa3hgt.nl

The message
. 196
from Ed contains
these words:

Old August 14th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ed Ed is offline

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Thanks Ed. I should have been clearer - what new product is expected
from Kenwood?

Deryck G0KOR

Other than the D-Star radio? I don't know. Since all three major
Japanese vendors have recent models already on the market, I'd wouldn't be
surprised to not see something else about to marketed just yet.

Ed

Old August 14th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 14 Aug 2006 17:06:32 GMT, Ed
wrote:

Thats fantastic news! Please tell us more about D-Star gear.

Deryck G0KOR

Do a Google Search on Kenwood D-Star. I found several pictures...

here's one:

http://jh3ykv.rgr.jp/mt/Picture/IMG_0359.JPG

Ed K7AAT

I thought this was very interesting. Kenwood and Icom getting in bed
with each other.

http://www.kenwood.net/indexKenwood....Detail&PRID=61

Dick - W6CCD