Old July 5th 03, 07:35 PM
sarco

Default License Renewall?

I have been trying to update my amateur license address, on line, with no
success. I have a FRN number and call sign.
I am currently on the FCC records with my old address.
Is there a simple method without going thru a third party to update the
address? (License does not expire until 2008)
Thanks and 73.
sarco

Old July 5th 03, 11:38 PM
Chuck / KE4ETH

check with the W5YI or the ARRL websites or contact a local VE session and
pay the fee and the will get it done. The same as if a new or upgrade
license.

chuck

.. .

Old July 6th 03, 03:27 AM
Bob Miller

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:35:19 -0400, "sarco"
wrote:

I have been trying to update my amateur license address, on line, with no
success. I have a FRN number and call sign.
I am currently on the FCC records with my old address.
Is there a simple method without going thru a third party to update the
address? (License does not expire until 2008)
Thanks and 73.
sarco

It's easy. Go the the www.fcc.gov web site. Find the toll-free
telephone number that can be called to request FCC forms. Call the
number, and tell them you want form # 605. One or two days later it
will be in your mailbox, at no charge. Fill in the form, and send it
in. A few weeks later, you'll get your license in the mail, with your
new address.

You can also download the form at the www.fcc.gov web site in PDF
format, print it out, and then fill it out, and mail it in -- but I
found it easier to just have them mail the form to me.

Bob
k5qwg

Old July 6th 03, 04:08 AM
VHFRadioBuff

check with the W5YI or the ARRL websites or contact a local VE session and
pay the fee and the will get it done. The same as if a new or upgrade
license.

chuck

Pay the fee?! It's free to renew your ham license (Unless it's a vanity call).
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB (ex: KF4KHC/HL9HCT)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Fight Spam! http://spamcop.net
National "Do Not Call" Registry: http://donotcall.gov

Old July 6th 03, 05:46 PM
Chuck / KE4ETH

No kidding. I admit I didn't catch the part about NOT GOING THRU A THIRD
PARTY. I thought (and miss read) he wanted to know if you could go thru a
third party. My mistake, Andy you ever make one. BTW, how's your code going?

Chuck

Old July 6th 03, 05:57 PM
Chuck / KE4ETH

Actually a better idea might be to go to the West Tennessee Amateur Radio
Society and scroll down and click on the "Renewing your Amateur Service
FCC license" link in the left hand column. It reprints the directions for
renewing thru the ARRL if a member, getting the 605 from the FCC and step-by
step directions (from the ARRL website) for renewing on line with the FCC.

I do hope Andy finds the a more suitable answer then my misreading of the
I guess being a Rent-A-Cop means a Usenet Cop as well.

My opinion