Old July 14th 03, 09:32 PM
WB2JKX

Default ft-980 problem...

Joel wrote in message
et...
I have a intermittent problem with a Yaesu FT-980. Every once and a while,

will loose SSB and CW reception. AM/FM still work fine and I can see the
S-meter is still working, but I have no audio out. I figured it should be
easy to find except every time I open the cabinet, it starts working. I

can
sometimes cause the problem to happen by flicking the on/off switch on and
off a few quick times. At Field Day the generator ran out of gas and when

we
got the power back, the 980 wouldn't come back on. Then out of the blue,

it
started up and ran the rest of the time. The display and led are always
correct so I doubt it's a CPU issue.
Anyway, does anyone have any sugestions of where to start? I have run with
the cover off for a while and it's doesn't seem to happen, but then again.

can god months without any issues. This problem has been around for 10
years, on and off. But I sure would like to get it fixed.

Joel AG4QC

BFO oscillator, maybe? Is it dead on both USB and LSB?