Old July 15th 03, 08:29 AM
Javier Henderson

Default Homebrew keyer

Greetings,

I recently posted a question, asking if anyone remembered an article on
a keyer built with a pair of 555's and some other components.

I was pointed to the QST index on ARRL's website, and eventually found
what I'm looking for.

It's the June 1978 and August 1978 issues. The article was called
A low cost dot memory keyer (June issue) and there was a followup
in the August issue of the same year.

I ordered the relevant CD from the ARRL, which will take a couple
of weeks to arrive.

In the meantime, if someone happens to have those magazines, and
feels inclined to fax me copies of the article, I'd be most grateful
and will gladly cover the costs involved.

Thanks!

73,
-jav w6vms
Old July 15th 03, 10:17 PM
Zoran Brlecic

Master of the universe and supreme ruler of all living beings (but only
when the wife is out) wrote:
I recently posted a question, asking if anyone remembered an article on
a keyer built with a pair of 555's and some other components.

http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85920178/use/simplek.htm

Used 0 x 555 chips, just a relay.

Oh, come on, using the 555 for a keyer in this day and age is bad
enough, but this is just plain ridiculous. No iambic keying, no
automatic 3:1 ratio, no memories, no solid-state keying, no QRQ...

Use a Curtis chip or an ePROM and be done with it. What is this... the 60's?

73 ... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old July 16th 03, 02:17 AM
Dev Null

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 21:17:29 GMT, Zoran Brlecic hath writ:
when the wife is out) wrote:
I recently posted a question, asking if anyone remembered an article on
a keyer built with a pair of 555's and some other components.

http://w1.859.telia.com/~u85920178/use/simplek.htm

Used 0 x 555 chips, just a relay.

Oh, come on, using the 555 for a keyer in this day and age is bad
enough, but this is just plain ridiculous. No iambic keying, no
automatic 3:1 ratio, no memories, no solid-state keying, no QRQ...

Use a Curtis chip or an ePROM and be done with it. What is this... the 60's?

73 ... WA7AA

Somebody is not taking their medications as prescribed.

Old July 16th 03, 04:02 AM
Zoran Brlecic

Dev Null wrote:

Use a Curtis chip or an ePROM and be done with it. What is this... the 60's?

Somebody is not taking their medications as prescribed.

What's your mother got to do with anything?

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly