Old July 18th 03, 06:14 PM
JJ

Leigh W3NLB wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

Zero MHz is real easy, just throw a capacitor, transistor,
resistor, tube, or any other electronic component on the bench.
There, an oscillator that oscillators at zero MHz.

Old July 19th 03, 10:01 PM
Hank Oredson

"Leigh W3NLB" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

I have a couple of those.
They put out significant power.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old July 18th 03, 09:38 AM
Leon Heller

"Tom" wrote in message
Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to

construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

A DDS chip like the Analog Devices AD9850 will give you something close to
that. It won't quite go down to 0 MHz, though. You could just switch it off,
of course.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM

http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

Old July 19th 03, 08:16 AM
Rob Judd

The ARRL Handbook (any edition).
The Art of Electronics.

Two of the best basic electronics books ever written

Rob

Old July 19th 03, 04:59 PM
Tom

Rob Judd wrote:
The ARRL Handbook (any edition).

On its way here...

The Art of Electronics.

I have this one and im not too happy with oscillator chapter. However, this
is still one of the best books i've seen.

Regards
Tom