Old July 17th 03, 06:11 PM
Tom

Default Oscillator design 0-12 MHz

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

Old July 17th 03, 08:09 PM
Leigh W3NLB

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

73 de Leigh W3NLB

Old July 17th 03, 08:26 PM
Jock Cooper

Leigh W3NLB writes:

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

Are you kidding? almost all my attempted oscillators run at 0Mhz..

Old July 17th 03, 08:39 PM
M. J. Powell

In message , Leigh W3NLB
writes
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

I've seen them in little boxes in Woolworths.

Mike
--
M.J.Powell

Old July 17th 03, 08:55 PM
Old DXer

"Leigh W3NLB" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to

construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

73 de Leigh W3NLB

Nah for 0 MHz -- have a switch labeled 0 MHz -- fed by a battery.

Its the 0.00000000000000000000000000000001 Hertz that will be a problem

All in good fun.

Seriously you need to decide on accuracy and stability first which will
dictate whether you will be building an analog, or synthesized unit.

For an analog homebrew project -- see URL:
http://www.vintage-radio.com/project...enerator.shtml
Covers 150kHz to 12 MHz. For the lower frequencies -- get a hold of some of
the later solid state Heathkit Audio generator manuals.

Or from scratch -- consider the following books:
http://www.sss-mag.com/cosc.html#books

Old July 18th 03, 02:40 AM
Michael Black

Leigh W3NLB ) writes:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 19:11:57 +0200, "Tom" wrote:

Hello

If anyone can recommend me a good book from which i will learn to construct
oscillator that for example covers range 0-12 MHz.

Thanks in advance!
Tom

12 MHz is easy. 0 MHz is really difficult.

73 de Leigh W3NLB

The workaround is to have a variable oscillator beating against a fixed
oscillator. So you have your variable oscillator going from 30 to 42MHz
(I just picked those out of my hat), a fixed oscillator running at 30
MHz, and a mixer fed with both oscillators. The output of the mixer will
be 0 to 12MHz (plus some other things).

Michael VE2BVW