Old July 27th 03, 10:10 PM
Javier Henderson

"Ed G." writes:

Of the three radios, only the Icom has IF level DSP.... could be
important, depending on your operating conditions and needs.

Does DSP really help? To the point of eliminating the need for
xtal filters? Or does it get swamped in the presence of strong
adjacent signals?

73,
-jav w6vms

Old July 27th 03, 11:33 PM
K5JOE

If you are blind and need a good talking radio get the 570SG, but if you do
not need the talker, HANDS DOWN get the 746. I do not think you need to
spend the extra money for the pro. You will have 100 watts out on HF, 6
meter and 2 meters. ALL MODE..
Also you will have a Fishfinder Display. :-)
K5JOE
Had them both, love the 746.
http://www.k5joe.com

"Javier Henderson" wrote in message
I'm trying to decide between the Kenwood TS570SG and the Icom IC746pro.

I realize this is one of those Chevy vs. Ford debates, but would someone
care to convince me either way?

73,
-jav w6vms