Old October 26th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Mobile phone batteries - new uses ?

Hi,

Like everyone, I've a number of mobile phones which I don't use
anymore. I was thinking I could make use of those rechargeable
batteries which are going to waste. How do I put them to use in small
devices like portable radios, toys. They seem to have 3 battery
terminals -
how do I wire them ? What is the voltage ? How to ensure that I
don't blow my radio up ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Mike Tan

Old October 27th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
JJ JJ is offline

Hi Mike, be very careful with that type of battery.
Charging them should be done with the charger meant for them (one
battery at a time).
Lithium Ion batteries are great but If charged wrongly they can explode!!!!
With a lot of force!!!!
Good luck and 73

JJ

Old October 29th 06, 04:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
joe joe is offline

hi,

best bet is to recycle them at your local retail store,
target, walmart, home depot, lowes, etc.

you'll need special charger(s) for these batteries,
otherwise they can overheat and safety vent opens
and or cell can rupture (explode is also possible)

better idea is to use common Nicke Hydride
NiMh batteries available at above retailers.

be safe, do more research on lithium battery technology.

lion dude..