Old September 15th 03, 09:41 AM
Phil

Default YAESU FT757 HELP NEEDED

Hi All
Can anyone help me with the removel of the main tuning dial. I have looked
and there are no holes for a alan key to go into, and I have tried to pull
it off and no joy. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

Old September 16th 03, 12:27 AM
Ed G.

Can anyone help me with the removel of the main tuning dial. I have
looked
and there are no holes for a alan key to go into, and I have tried to
pull it off and no joy. Any help on this would be great.

I've wondered that too. I have suspected that there may be a set screw
UNDER the rubber grip ring on the knob. I have never tried to remove this
rubber ring, so I don't know for sure. If the radio is very old, and the
rubber getting to be brittle, it may break if you try to remove it.

Ed

Old September 16th 03, 10:41 PM
Ralph Mowery

Hi All
Can anyone help me with the removel of the main tuning dial. I have

looked
and there are no holes for a alan key to go into, and I have tried to pull
it off and no joy. Any help on this would be great.

Mine comes off with a good pull. I have had it off one or two times. Just
tried it and it still comes off with just a pull.

Old September 17th 03, 05:27 AM
N3KCT

The FT757 was a forerunner to the FT890.
I believe they both use the same type dial.
The FT890 has a setscrew underneath the rubber
ring on the dial. The instructions in the owners
manual on setting dial tension tell you how to
remove the knob.

Old September 28th 03, 11:30 PM
paul.g7izx

HI CHAPS
i tried to get mine off , many years ago .
their is not a grub screw any-where , it is simply a tight push fit
and glued on with some strong glue
and i never did manage to get mine off

But be warned i pulled mine so hard , when i tune now i can hear
a ticking , in the audio stages of the radio. , cos as you should know
it is optically connected , works simular to how a mouse works , if anyone
has
has one apart . i havent been able to get rid of the noise since .
a little anoying when tuning , as you have to stop to see if anyone is on
the
frequency

cheers de Paul