RadioBanter

-   -   Kenwood TS-450 repair (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/11588-kenwood-ts-450-repair.html)

Ed G. September 26th 03 07:55 PM

OK, let's say it does slow or even stop BPL near a ham station. Why
wouldn't the FCC restrict amatuer operations around BPL areas?

Hmmm. That would be real interesting. The FCC restricting the use of
lawfully licensed transmitters in order to accomodate Part15 unlicensed
operations of incidental radiators.....

Ed WB6SAT

Frank Todd IV September 26th 03 08:04 PM

Ed G. wrote:

OK, let's say it does slow or even stop BPL near a ham station. Why
wouldn't the FCC restrict amatuer operations around BPL areas?

Hmmm. That would be real interesting. The FCC restricting the use of
lawfully licensed transmitters in order to accomodate Part15 unlicensed
operations of incidental radiators.....

Ed WB6SAT

They'll modify the rules so it fits their agenda. remember, the FCC
will do anything that can make them $$$$ for the US Treasury.

73

Frank K3EKO

Frank Dresser September 26th 03 08:38 PM

"Ed G." wrote in message
. ..

Hmmm. That would be real interesting. The FCC restricting the use of
lawfully licensed transmitters in order to accomodate Part15 unlicensed
operations of incidental radiators.....

Ed WB6SAT

Uh huh. The BPL folk have important freinds at the FCC. Do the hams? If
so, why has this BPL thing gone this far?

Frank Dresser

Dan/W4NTI September 26th 03 08:47 PM

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

The transmission lines are radiators. As such they will also receive.

Power lines are right up next to the rigs. The RF from the radios will
trash the BPL. Probably by causing drop outs and adding lots of extra
delays. Basically it will make BPL useless anywhere near a ham station.

Dan/W4NTI

OK, let's say it does slow or even stop BPL near a ham station. Why
wouldn't the FCC restrict amatuer operations around BPL areas?

Frank Dresser

Well, hopefully, they can still read their own rules and regulations there
at the FCC. You see we are the authorized legal service. And BPL is the
unlicensed part 15 activity. Part 15 devices must accept interference from
the licensed users. Hams.

Course again, we are dealing with lawyers. So anything goes.

Dan/W4NTI

Frank Dresser September 26th 03 08:59 PM

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
hlink.net...

Well, hopefully, they can still read their own rules and regulations there
at the FCC. You see we are the authorized legal service. And BPL is the
unlicensed part 15 activity. Part 15 devices must accept interference

from
the licensed users. Hams.

Course again, we are dealing with lawyers. So anything goes.

Dan/W4NTI

If they don't like what they read, they'll write new ones.

Frank Dresser

Carl R. Stevenson September 26th 03 09:05 PM

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message
link.net...

The transmission lines are radiators. As such they will also receive.

Power lines are right up next to the rigs. The RF from the radios will
trash the BPL. Probably by causing drop outs and adding lots of extra
delays. Basically it will make BPL useless anywhere near a ham station.

Dan/W4NTI

OK, let's say it does slow or even stop BPL near a ham station. Why
wouldn't the FCC restrict amatuer operations around BPL areas?

Frank Dresser

Because we are a licensed service and BPL is not ...

Carl - wk3c