Old May 4th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Default Signal/One MILSPEC 1030 HF transceiver for sale

Porgy Tirebiter wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

All,

Our Signal/One MILSPEC 1030 transceiver is now for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230123960885 .

This is the 150 Watt version. I recently made several QSOs with it, on
all the bands that were open at the time, so we believe it to be
completely functional and know of no performance problems. It has
only minor scratches on the sides and top, and comes with the manual,
AC power cord, and 12 VDC power cord.

Sales notices are supposed to be upbeat, but it's difficult being
upbeat when you are selling such a wonderful rig!

73,

Ed Callaway, N4II
Motorola ARC, W4MOT

Still another WONDERFUL article about Signal/One.....
http://www.k5og.com/S1%20History.htm

This is a MUST read before you plunk down $2000 on this electronic Edsel....

Oh, the non-believers....
Well, anyone that knows anything about the Milspec 1030 knows that the
cx7 just isn't the same rig, and neither is the 1030ci.

The 1030 was a true mil-spec, hardened and wonderful radio. It operated
without fail over considerable range of conditions, and the remaining
examples probably do so even today. Built like a battleship inside,
with individual milled aluminum compartments for each subsection, it
didn't suffer from many of the maladies of later integrated rigs. For
the uninitiated, the 1030ci was an attempt to cash in on the superior
function and longevity of the original 1030 by taking a commercial 781
and "hardening" it. I am not aware of many individuals that actually
loved the result like those that owned the original 1030. I owned one
of the original 1030 radios with the high power option and multi-color
led display and loved it, though succumed to it's popularity on the
collector market and sold it around 5 years ago to a fellow on the east
coast. To this day, I wish I hadn't, though it is hard to fault the
icom 746pro and 756ProII I now have that were paid for by the proceeds
from the sale of the 1030... If I thought I had a chance of winning the
current auction with what's in my radio fund, I'd be in the bidding
right now, just to have another one!

If you're trying to make waves because of a few bad seeming comments
about radios that aren't even the model for sale, then just pleae go
away. If you actually truly have experience with the original 1030,
then come on, and provide just what you think was wrong with the one you
had....

Thanks
--Rick AH7H
Old May 4th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Rick Frazier wrote:
Porgy Tirebiter wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Wow, I wish it was as easy to get a bite when I went trolling for tuna!
Old May 5th 07, 10:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

On May 4, 8:54 am, NoMoreSpam wrote:
Rick Frazier wrote:
Porgy Tirebiter wrote:
wrote in message
groups.com...

[...]

Are blue fin biting at your location.

Old May 5th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Rick Frazier wrote:
Porgy Tirebiter wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Not yet. Yellowfin in a month or two.
Old May 21st 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Default Signal/One MILSPEC Anyone notice NO FEEDBACK?

"NoMoreSpam" wrote in message
. ..
Rick Frazier wrote:
Porgy Tirebiter wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Funny...no transaction trail..no feedback either way....

Can you say "SHILL-BIDDER" ??????