Old May 18th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Default I'll have a bunch of these for sale at Dayton!

6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Old May 25th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Doug Adair wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Remarkable,

A dual triode with a max plate dissipation of 1.5 watts.

How did this spawn all the remarks from radio police?
Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Chris
KC8FRJ

Old May 25th 07, 12:32 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Christopher Cox wrote:
Doug Adair wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Remarkable,

A dual triode with a max plate dissipation of 1.5 watts.

How did this spawn all the remarks from radio police?
Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Think 6GF5 and a typo?

Chris
KC8FRJ

Old May 25th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

Chuck Harris wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:
Doug Adair wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Remarkable,

A dual triode with a max plate dissipation of 1.5 watts.

How did this spawn all the remarks from radio police?
Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Think 6GF5 and a typo?

It is a good question, though. From the advertisement,
it is implied that what is being sold is an "enhancement"
for your CB radio.

If it is simply a NIB 6GF7 tube, then all of the supposed
benefits are meaningless, as a 6GF7 is a dissimilar section
twin triode that was made for use as a vertical deflection
amplifier in TV sets. A 6GF7 might have been applicable
in an old tube model CB, but old tube model CB radios are
pretty rare these days.

Perhaps it is a knee jerk reaction to the poster, and the
word CB? Doug Adair, or someone purporting to be Doug
Adair, seems to have a big interest in buying, selling and
using CB linears.

-Chuck
Old May 25th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

"Christopher Cox" wrote in message
Doug Adair wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Remarkable,

A dual triode with a max plate dissipation of 1.5 watts.

How did this spawn all the remarks from radio police?
Rhetorical question, don't answer.

Chris
KC8FRJ

Most of them are clueless asshats.

Old May 18th 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

"travis" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:15:19 -0400, "Doug Adair"
wrote:

6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!!
MAKE YOUR RIG LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Hopefully the FCC will shut you down before anyone buys this crap.

They may! I have heard of them going to Hamfests and doing just that.

Old May 19th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

yes, 10K fine for each item they find, gonna get expensive.

Then add the lawyer fees to defend yourself.

They may! I have heard of them going to Hamfests and doing just that.

Old May 19th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!! MAKE YOUR RIG
LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Hopefully the FCC will shut you down before anyone buys this crap.

They may! I have heard of them going to Hamfests and doing just that.

Here's hoping. This guy's web site's a real money spinner due to
ill-informed CBers. The sooner they close him down, the better. Talk about a
model for spectrum anarchy....

Old May 25th 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

u...

wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!! MAKE YOUR RIG
LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Hopefully the FCC will shut you down before anyone buys this crap.

They may! I have heard of them going to Hamfests and doing just that.

Here's hoping. This guy's web site's a real money spinner due to
ill-informed CBers. The sooner they close him down, the better. Talk about
a model for spectrum anarchy....

Shut the hell up you cock sucker.

Old May 25th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,alt.ham-radio.marketplace

wrote:
6GF7 GE~TUBE AMPLIFIER~PREAMP~HAM RADIO~CB~NEW IN BOX!! MAKE YOUR RIG
LOUD ON THOSE LONG HAULS!

Hopefully the FCC will shut you down before anyone buys this crap.

They may! I have heard of them going to Hamfests and doing just that.

Here's hoping. This guy's web site's a real money spinner due to
ill-informed CBers. The sooner they close him down, the better. Talk about
a model for spectrum anarchy....

Shut the hell up you cock sucker.

That's really an ignorant post. If you are one of the guys selling CB amps.
I hope they get you sooner than later.

I see from a recent eBay email, that they are working to make it easier to
catch people running scams or otherwise breaking laws such as those intended
to stop CB Amp sales.

10-4 good buddy.