Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 20th 07, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Kenwood TS-2000 / TS-480SAT vs. ICOM 746PRO/IC 7000?

I have to replace a rig that was stolen and I'm down to four radios to
choose from. I haven't been able to get to a dealer yet to set down and
actually try them out but have narrowed my choices down to four with
preference of those down to two. If anyone owns some or all of the radios
mentioned here I would greatly appreciate your input and experience with
their operation. The two that I am closest to getting is:

Kenwood TS-2000 or the ICOM IC-746PRO. I do realize that the 746PRO does
not have 440MHz like the TS-2000. I like the IC7000 but such a small radio
that they fit so much into it with using so few knobs and buttons on front
that I'm concerned about the learning curve with that one. I'm naturally
concerned about durability, receive quality and the ability to reduce
interference and pull out the weak signals in a crowd or busy band.

Right now the Icom 746PRO has the incentives on it's side with not only
rebates, coupons and a free Power Supply.

I appreciate your input concerning these radios.

WANT Kenwood TS 480SAT Josh Swap 0 September 19th 06 02:54 PM
Kenwood TS-480SAT AS NEW K1DPM Swap 0 April 16th 06 01:56 PM
FS As New Kenwood TS-480SAT Station Charlie Hugg Swap 1 January 16th 06 04:30 PM
CW recv. performance: IC-7000 vs. IC-746Pro? Bert Hyman Equipment 1 December 19th 05 06:02 PM