Old June 24th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Question about DRU-3A option for Kenwood TS-570

I'm looking for a 'one-touch' voice CQ caller to save wear and tear on my
vocal cords. My Kenwood TS-570 has an optional 'Digital Recording Unit'
available that I have a few questions about.

From the manual it sound like you have to manually turn xmit on, then push
one of the 'CH1/2/3' buttons, then manually turn xmit off. Not exactly
'one-touch'. (Is this correct?)

But, if your in VOX mode, then pushing one of the 'CH1/2/3' will
automatically activate xmit. (Is this correct?) This does sound like
'one-touch'.

Is there some Kenwood bulletin board where this question would be more
appropriate?

--
Bob D. ND9B

Is Defeat Now an Option? yojimbo Shortwave 8 November 28th 05 11:00 PM
WTB: SO-2 option Patrick Swap 0 June 16th 04 12:58 AM
question about alinco dj 596 wide option xon Equipment 0 April 15th 04 11:26 PM
question about alinco dj 596 wide option xon Equipment 0 April 15th 04 11:26 PM
FA: Kenwood SW-2000 & accesories "Buy it Now" option still in place Amateur Radio Station W5CIA Swap 0 September 26th 03 12:42 AM