Old June 24th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Should I get the option SSB filter for my Kenwood TS-570?

Is the optional YK-88SN-1 SSB filter worth buying?

What do the add-on filters do anyway? Are they an improvement over the
original filter, or do they just give you an optional bandwidth?

--
Bob D. ND9B

Old June 25th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
"Bob D." wrote:

Is the optional YK-88SN-1 SSB filter worth buying?

What do the add-on filters do anyway? Are they an improvement over the
original filter, or do they just give you an optional bandwidth?

Bob-

I have that filter in my TS-690S (A TS-440 with 6 Meters). I can't say
it is an "improvement" over the original filter other than as an
optional bandwidth. To me, it is worth having the narrower filter when
the band gets crowded, and it helps a little with noise as well.

I understand the TS-570 has Audio DSP filtering. You may not need the
noise reduction of a narrower filter, but Audio DSP won't remove
interference from stations on an adjacent channel.

Fred
K4DII

Question about DRU-3A option for Kenwood TS-570 Bob D. Equipment 0 June 24th 07 01:58 PM
FA: Kenwood YK-88S SSB filter gil Swap 0 March 3rd 07 02:12 AM
FS Kenwood 520 CW Filter and More Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 September 27th 05 08:21 PM
kenwood Filter Jayne Medley Swap 0 November 18th 03 10:58 PM
FA: Kenwood SW-2000 & accesories "Buy it Now" option still in place Amateur Radio Station W5CIA Swap 0 September 26th 03 12:42 AM