Old June 28th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default DLPORTIO for Vista

Hi all,
Anyone who knows if there is a working version of the DLPORTIO for
Windows Vista?
(DLPORTIO is used by a number of Log softwares to utilize the parallel
port for e.g. CW keying)

cheers,
Hans - SMØIMJ
Old August 19th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Jun 28, 7:03 pm, SMØIMJ wrote:
Hi all,
Anyone who knows if there is a working version of the DLPORTIO for
Windows Vista?
(DLPORTIO is used by a number of Log softwares to utilize the parallel
port for e.g. CW keying)

cheers,
Hans - SMØIMJ

Hi Hans,

I ran across the same problem, here is the solution:
Disable UAC before running the port95nt.exe installation program.
This works on Vista32. I don't think it will work on Vista64 because
it requires signed drivers.

1. Launch MSCONFIG by from the windows "Run" menu (Windows key + R,
type MSCONFIG, enter).
2. Click on the Tools tab. Locate "Disable UAC"
3. Click the "Launch" button.
4. After the command is done, close the cmd window and close
MSCONFIG.
5. Run port95nt.exe and select reboot when prompted
6. Re-enable UAC by repeating steps 1...4 but this time choose
"Enable UAC"
7. Done. Now enjoy your victory.

If the above does not work, then just manually copy the dlportio.sys
file to the c:\windows\system32\drivers directory. I don't know how to
extract the dlportio.sys file from port95nt.exe, but I am sure you can
google that out.

Best regards,
Prutser