Old September 30th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Ham Radio Stores in Washington DC Metro Area ???

All

I am visiting Bethesda Maryland later this year and wondered what
amateur radio stores there are (if any) in the locality i.e. Northern
Virginia, DC, MD, Baltimore etc?

Interested in picking up a bit of kit to make use of current £1=$2

Thanks

Andy

Old October 1st 07, 09:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:22:03 -0700, Andiroo wrote:

All

I am visiting Bethesda Maryland later this year and wondered what
amateur radio stores there are (if any) in the locality i.e. Northern
Virginia, DC, MD, Baltimore etc?

Interested in picking up a bit of kit to make use of current £1=$2

Thanks

Andy

Check www.hamradio.com for their store in Woodbridge VA. What you may consider is going
to the store, ordering and have it shipped to an out-of-state address (like to your hotel
in MD or DC). There is no sales-tax on out-of-state shipments but there is on store
delivery. Sales tax rate 5%.

Old October 5th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:32:16 +0000, iwouldntknow
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:22:03 -0700, Andiroo wrote:

All

I am visiting Bethesda Maryland later this year and wondered what
amateur radio stores there are (if any) in the locality i.e. Northern
Virginia, DC, MD, Baltimore etc?

Interested in picking up a bit of kit to make use of current £1=$2

Thanks

Andy

Check www.hamradio.com for their store in Woodbridge VA. What you may consider is going
to the store, ordering and have it shipped to an out-of-state address (like to your hotel
in MD or DC). There is no sales-tax on out-of-state shipments but there is on store
delivery. Sales tax rate 5%.

While it is a longer ride, HRO in New Castle Delaware is in a tax free
state.

Old October 6th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:22:03 -0700, Andiroo wrote:

All

I am visiting Bethesda Maryland later this year and wondered what
amateur radio stores there are (if any) in the locality i.e. Northern
Virginia, DC, MD, Baltimore etc?

Interested in picking up a bit of kit to make use of current £1=$2

Thanks

Andy

Check www.hamradio.com for their store in Woodbridge VA. What you may consider is going
to the store, ordering and have it shipped to an out-of-state address (like to your hotel
in MD or DC). There is no sales-tax on out-of-state shipments but there is on store
delivery. Sales tax rate 5%.

While it is a longer ride, HRO in New Castle Delaware is in a tax free
state.

Since I'm on the north side of Washington DC anyway that is a useful bit
of info. Trouble is I can't get there without paying a toll and driving
an extra hour. So it would have to be a really big ticket item to make
it worth while. But if I order on line into Maryland were HRO does not
have a brick and mortar store I can duck the sales tax and the toll.
--
Tom Horne, W3TDH