Old March 1st 04, 01:43 AM
Jon M. Hanson

Default Scanning in the Phoenix, Arizona metro area

I've been kind of a passive scanning enthusiast for a while now. I
currently own an AOR AR8000 that I've had for a very long time. The only
annoying thing about it is that it doesn't know anything about the digital
trunking data channel and since that channel changes usually every day it's
a real pain to lock that channel out and unlock the channel it was on
previously. So I'm looking to get a more modern scanner that handle the
analog and digital trunking that's in use in the Phoenix area here. Is
there a way to tell what kind of system is in use?
I was looking at the Pro-96 for my new scanner. Any opinions on this
model? I'm a little confused on all of the different manufacturers of the
different trunking systems. I'd like to get a scanner that covers all of
them (or most of them as pratically possible).
Thank you in advance for any advice and opinions offered.