Old November 11th 03, 04:25 PM
VHFRadioBuff

Default Need help: Standard GX1510/Uniden SMU4525KT

I have a Standard GX1510 (Same radio as the Uniden SMU4525KT). I just got the
programer for it (A1510). I am able to read from the radio no problem. When I
try writing to it, I get a verify error. I am running the DOS program under
WinXP Home in the command prompt mode. I've tried 2 different "slowdown"
programs, thinking that was it, but with no results.

Anyone have any suggestions?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com
Old December 28th 12, 06:13 PM
Junior Member

Location: Springfield, La.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHFRadioBuff View Post
I have a Standard GX1510 (Same radio as the Uniden SMU4525KT). I just got the
programer for it (A1510). I am able to read from the radio no problem. When I
try writing to it, I get a verify error. I am running the DOS program under
WinXP Home in the command prompt mode. I've tried 2 different "slowdown"
programs, thinking that was it, but with no results.

Anyone have any suggestions?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73! de Andy KC2SSB - WPYI880 (GMRS)
Beachwood, NJ USA! Grid FM29vw
http://vhfradiobuff.tripod.com

Hello Andy, you will need to run program under DOS. The real thing, not a DOS Window. I just finished programming a pair of gx1510 vhf units and TRUE DOS is the only way on an old 8086/8088, 286, 386 or 486 computer. i found an IBM 486 laptop used for $50.00 that has PCDOS 2.1 on it and also Win 3.1! even though 3.1 is DOS based, go to the DOS prompt or use a DOS boot disc to get the full DOS system!!! right now, i need a programmers manaul or instructions for the GX1510 software(PPS1510. i have not figured out how to save a file that i have pulled from the radio or created from scratch. What is the file suffix when saving to the disc!!! Anyhow a help file or readme.txt file would be a big help!!!

good luck to you.

Tyrone N5XES

Old December 31st 12, 04:05 AM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5xes View Post

Hello Andy, you will need to run program under DOS. The real thing, not a DOS Window. I just finished programming a pair of gx1510 vhf units and TRUE DOS is the only way on an old 8086/8088, 286, 386 or 486 computer. i found an IBM 486 laptop used for $50.00 that has PCDOS 2.1 on it and also Win 3.1! even though 3.1 is DOS based, go to the DOS prompt or use a DOS boot disc to get the full DOS system!!! right now, i need a programmers manaul or instructions for the GX1510 software(PPS1510. i have not figured out how to save a file that i have pulled from the radio or created from scratch. What is the file suffix when saving to the disc!!! Anyhow a help file or readme.txt file would be a big help!!!

good luck to you.

Tyrone N5XES

YEP = Tyrone took the words right out of my mouth.
The CPU clock speed is way too fast for that model.

Just think of it like a 3 month old baby, and trying to force the child to drink a 32 oz big gulp in 15 seconds.
Even if you could get it to swallow all the information, it would burp and throw it right back up again.
Most radio tech's keeps a old computer on hand - just for what you are trying to do.
Newer is not always better - especially when it comes to older equipment.

JB
WD3D
No Kings, no queens, no jacks, no long talking washer women...