Old February 12th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default unusual manuals and focus coils

Hi,

looking for these things:

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

MANUALS:

1.)
T-408/URT-12, also called AN/URT-12
Military radio transmitter, Coast Guard

2.)
Conrac model CNA-8
8" black and white video monitor, tube kind

3.)
RCA model TM-9AN
8" black and white video monitor, tube kind

(#2 and #3 are very similar)

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

ITEMS:

4.)
50 degree to 110 degree yokes fitting electromagnetic deflected CRTs
that have a "small-shell duodecal base"

5.)
focus coils and magnet assemblied from old TV set CRTs that have a
"small-shell duodecal base"

Referring to the base type of the CRTs is the best I can do to to
indicate the diameter of the tube neck, which is about 1.5" The base
socket has 12 positions (pins) but not all are used. Usually 6 are used,
or 5, in the case of a magnetic focus CRT.

All the yokes and focus devices I am looking for refer to those used on
black and white TV sets with this kind of CRT neck diameter. This is
really old junque and much has been pitched if the original TV chassis
was unserviceable, etc.

These are for a project where I want to operate a 10" electromagnetic
deflection, magnetic focus CRT. There are a number of NOS CRTs having
interesting phosphors, being from radar sets. Basically I saved them
from the landfill, and want to put together a few unusual monochrome
video monitors. Why stare at the boxes on a shelf??

For me, driving a yoke is trivial, but finding ones for these CRTs is a
challenge.

I have a few 10SP4, which are 50 degree deflection, one 10UP14B, and
some 10VP15 and 10VP47's -FAA spares.

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I can be reached at the reply-to (un-mung it..) or please find my
contact info downscreen at www.bunkerofdoom.com

thanks,
Patrick
Old February 13th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment, rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.antiques.radio+phono, rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

patrick jankowiak wrote:
Hi,

looking for these things:

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

MANUALS:

1.)
T-408/URT-12, also called AN/URT-12
Military radio transmitter, Coast Guard

2.)
Conrac model CNA-8
8" black and white video monitor, tube kind

Just threw one out, You got a BRITE DISPLAY SYSTEM or something.

Jimmie

unusual manuals and focus coils patrick jankowiak Boatanchors 1 February 13th 08 01:32 AM
Location of focus of feed horn? Richard Clark Antenna 7 June 8th 05 10:41 PM
Focus on Tek 2236 Scope Rex Homebrew 5 September 8th 04 12:41 AM
Now he can focus overseas.... Nicolai Carpathia CB 0 June 14th 04 05:41 PM