Old February 23rd 08, 04:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default SEA 112 radio advice / manual / schematic needed

Hello,

I've got one Stephens Engineering Associates SEA 112 HF marine
transceiver..

Yes, it's a crusty old radio, but I'd like to fix it up. I do repair
radios from time to time, but I'm not familiar with this design at all.

1. How are the frequencies programmed in? I see no crystals or diode
matrix for programming the channels as I would expect in an older set. I
have not taken the sandwich of boards in the center of the radio apart..
the bandswitch seems to go through there and I'm not going to mess with
it just yet. So, is this an EPROM-programmed set?

2. Has anyone managed to convert this model for ham radio use or is it
best left as is? (I've read at least one case of a mariner throwing one
away, so they must not be too valuable..) I've got no antenna tuner,
just the set with microphone.

If anyone has the manual including schematic/service data, I might have
an interest in it.

Thank you,
Patrick

If you would like to reply directly, please reply to the e-mail address,
removing the "REMOVE_THIS".

Old February 23rd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
patrick jankowiak wrote:

Hello,

I've got one Stephens Engineering Associates SEA 112 HF marine
transceiver..

Yes, it's a crusty old radio, but I'd like to fix it up. I do repair
radios from time to time, but I'm not familiar with this design at all.

1. How are the frequencies programmed in? I see no crystals or diode
matrix for programming the channels as I would expect in an older set. I
have not taken the sandwich of boards in the center of the radio apart..
the bandswitch seems to go through there and I'm not going to mess with
it just yet. So, is this an EPROM-programmed set?

Yes, it is Eprom Programmed

2. Has anyone managed to convert this model for ham radio use or is it
best left as is? (I've read at least one case of a mariner throwing one
away, so they must not be too valuable..) I've got no antenna tuner,
just the set with microphone.

There wasn't a LSB Kit designed for this radio, but they have been run
on 20 and 15 meters USB.

If anyone has the manual including schematic/service data, I might have
an interest in it.

I am sure I have a Manual around somewhere. You may be able to get a copy
from SEA in Mountlake Terrace, Washington, USA, if you call Phil, and
ask nicely.....

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

SEA 112 radio advice / manual / schematic needed patrick jankowiak Boatanchors 0 February 23rd 08 04:18 AM
Philips/Magnavox D2999 service manual, schematic needed Nicolas Boretos Homebrew 2 August 31st 05 01:50 PM
Needed: Info and schematic for GE-73 Tabletop Radio unc80 Swap 0 November 1st 04 06:56 PM
radio advice needed Jerry Shortwave 6 September 19th 03 02:28 AM
Badly needed: Manual/schematic for NCG 10/160M HF transceiver W4UDX Swap 0 August 11th 03 02:53 AM