Old December 23rd 03, 02:44 AM
Bob Miller

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:31:03 -0600, "Brian Oakley"
wrote:

Maybe hes trying to find some HELP from folks that are supposed to know
something about electronics. Maybe he IS in the wrong group after all.
B.

I used to visit some of the audio/hi-fi newsgroups, and, believe me,
those folks are a lot more knowledgeable about turntables and
cartridges than the average radio amateur is. Just trying to steer him
in the right direction...

Bob
k5qwg

"Bob Miller" wrote in message
.. .
On 15 Dec 2003 20:17:02 GMT, (Michael Black)
wrote:

Who knows, and the guy is particularly clueless. This is at least
the second rec.radio.amateur.* newsgroup he's posted to about his
turntable, and he also hit rec.radio.shortwave

Michael VE2BVW

There are several audio/hi-fi newsgroups he would be better off
visiting.

bob
k5qwg

Old December 26th 03, 02:42 AM
Brian Oakley

I realise that Bob. My comments werent pointed to you at all. Just kind of
irks me at others that would rather criticize than lend a hand.
B.

wrote:

Maybe hes trying to find some HELP from folks that are supposed to know
something about electronics. Maybe he IS in the wrong group after all.
B.

I used to visit some of the audio/hi-fi newsgroups, and, believe me,
those folks are a lot more knowledgeable about turntables and
cartridges than the average radio amateur is. Just trying to steer him
in the right direction...

Bob
k5qwg

.. .

Old December 26th 03, 02:25 PM
Fred McKenzie

I realise that Bob. My comments werent pointed to you at all. Just kind of
irks me at others that would rather criticize than lend a hand.

Bob & Brian-

I responded to the original poster in another group (homebrew), and included a
copy to his E-Mail address. He replied with more questions which I tried to
answer, but I haven't seen any follow-ups to his postings. He may have never
returned to the newsgroups to see if there were any posted responses.

In my opinion, he was "fishing" for someone to repair some old tube-type stereo
equipment. Perhaps the audio/hi-fi newsgroups would have been best for that as
well.

73, Fred, K4DII