Old January 9th 04, 05:35 AM
mustang

Default IC706IIg no Tx audio?

I bought a 706 abt 3 months ago, and used it till I removed it from the
vehicle before christmas. It was on a shelf and not used until today
when I wanted to use it again. I find that all appears to be working,
except that I get no bar graph reading (on 40 & 20) when I speak!
I suspect I have done something wrong, but dunno where to look. I'm
using standard mic, and the ptt and up-down buttons work. Beats me.
I know it's under waranty, but I recently enquired about accessories for
it from the people I bought it from (Melb. Aust.) via email. No reply.
Any ideas folks?
Adrian.

Old January 9th 04, 01:04 PM
Adrian

This occurred during my lunch break. Since then I found the 2m & 70cm
bands OK in all modes. 6m is working, but only fraction of the power.
The power output decreases (in all modes) as the freq goes down to only
a few watts at 15m.
Very annoying.
Adrian.

Old January 10th 04, 04:07 AM
Bob M.

"mustang" wrote in message
I bought a 706 abt 3 months ago, and used it till I removed it from the
vehicle before christmas. It was on a shelf and not used until today
when I wanted to use it again. I find that all appears to be working,

What is your SWR reading? This radio has an SWR foldback circuit, meaning
if your SWR is off the scale (too high), it will automatically reduce the TX
power to save the radio.