Old January 26th 04, 07:46 PM
M.D.

"OccamsRazor" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

Use the battery and holder from an old motherboard.

Old January 26th 04, 11:23 PM
Zoran Brlecic

OccamsRazor wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I'm sure that Kenwood will be very pleased with the
customer service and courtesy you provide as an authorized service center
when I foreword your response to them.

What is your ****ing problem? I've been reading this forum for years and
I see that Clif provides answers for *free* whenever someone has a
Kenwood question. He's certainly under no obligation to do this.

If you don't like his answer, realize that you got more than what you
paid for, which is $0. As for your foreword (sic), hopefully Kenwood has
better things to do than investigate imaginary complaints from idiots.
Your question on a public forum and his response is *not* customer service.

And, btw, he is absolutely right: how hard *is* it to solder in a
battery every 10-15 years?

WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old January 27th 04, 12:33 AM
Jim Leder

I just pointed out what others have already done. How hard is it to solder
in a battery every 10-15 years? I'm certainly not an 'authorized'
technician, but I was glad my next door neighbor works on stuff like this.
He had the equipment, the steady hands and the eyesight that I don't have.
Would I want to do it again? Nope, not without my neighbor. It's very
intimidating to take your only rig apart that far, and then wave a soldering
iron at it. Those components are really tiny.
But you are correct, Clif, the batteries do last a really long time. My
Kenwood was bought new in 1993 and the battery died last year. Hopefully
I'll get maybe another ten years out of this battery, and I WON'T need my
neighbor's good eyes and hands to replace it :+)).
73's....

"Clif Holland" wrote in message
How hard is it to solder in a battery every 10-15 years??

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"OccamsRazor" wrote in message
Does anybody know if there is a battery holder that can replace the
soldered in battery so future replacement will be easier?
Please reply to group.

TNX and 73

Old January 27th 04, 02:03 AM
OccamsRazor

Boy, I guess sarcasm only works one way. I never had any intention of
forwarding the message or complaining to Kenwood. I just don't understand
why someone would reply to a question in that way. I took it as sarcasm. If
you don't have an answer, why reply? Just ignore it if you have nothing to
contribute. And you are right- it isn't that hard to replace a battery every
10 years, I was just looking for an alternative. These groups seem to bring
out the best in people, including myself, don't they?
I apologize for offending anyone. That's all I can do at this point and
will try not to do so in the future.

Old January 27th 04, 04:44 AM
Zoran Brlecic

OccamsRazor wrote:

Boy, I guess sarcasm only works one way. I never had any intention of
forwarding the message or complaining to Kenwood.

I'm sorry, but I get touchy when it comes to false complaints. I work in
field service dealing with different people all the time, and I know it
doesn't take much to ruin a good engineer's reputation. One can have a
brilliant record with the customers, but sometimes all it takes is a
complaint from some jerk who feels he was terribly wronged beyond
repair. Very few will write a letter to the CEO telling him how great
your service is, but if one thing goes wrong on their bad day (and some
of them celebrate Bad Day every day) - you better watch out.

Please leave complaints about service for the proper occasions. Usenet
messages are not it.

73 .... WA7AA

--

Anti-spam measu look me up on qrz.com if you need to reply directly

Old January 30th 04, 04:55 AM
Gary

You know what? You are one ****ING RETARD!!! He didnt provide an
answer, just a ignorant snide remark. If you cant see that, then you
should pull you head out of ol Cliffies ass, take a breath of fresh
air, and go play with your gergils.
Gary