Old January 30th 04, 02:43 PM
Robert Kubichek

Brenda Ann wrote:
Also try Windows ME, more stable than 98, handles most hardware without
needing mfr. drivers..

I disagree, Win98 Se is MUCH more stable than ME, as ME's core is
basically WIn98.
Put Me one one of two identical computer setups, and 98se on another,
run them for a time, and see how many times you have to reboot ME...

This is from 25 years experience, and I have run all the versions of
Windows from the get go..

Bob N9LVU

Old January 30th 04, 04:28 PM
Michael Black

"David J. Windisch" ) writes:
[junk about computer software wanted deleted]
Lemme know, pls.

73, Dave, N3HE

It's doubly off topic

This is not, nor ever has been, a buy and sell newsgroup.

And, even if it was, your ad has nothing to do with radio, even if
you think it hurts less to proclaim it off topic.

This is the end game of the stupidty of letting ads into a newsgroup.
Because once there are ads, then people like you decide it's okay to
post ads that have no relation to the topic.

There are plenty of places where you could advertise for such stuff,
starting with your local buy and sell newsgroup, maybe you've got a state
wide newsgroup for buying and selling, there are worldwide newsgroups that
are for they buying and selling of computer stuff, and if you were really
stuck, you could at least have the decenty to post your no-radio related
ad to a newsgroup intended for radio items but which is at least a buy and
sell newsgroup, rec.radio.swap

You can run a classified ad in your local paper.

You can go to Ebay and look for what you want.

But, no, you overlooked all of these obvious places to advertise (or seek)
what you want, you posted to a newsgroup intended for the discussion of
amateur radio equipment.

Michael VE2BVW

Old January 31st 04, 02:02 AM
ThomasS

Right on!

Old February 2nd 04, 10:32 PM
David J. Windisch

Well, thanks, fellas. I *did* find the software, and I appreciate the '98
vs 2000 vs ME comments, and the listings from Brenda Ann.

As for you, Michael Black, and you, ThomasS, I'm glad that you felt
comfortable enough to relieve yourselves on me, a total stranger. The
chaplain's down the road.

73 and tks agn, every one else, for the bandwidth.

Dave, N3HE

"ThomasS" wrote in message
Right on!

Old January 31st 04, 02:02 AM
ThomasS

Right on!

Old January 30th 04, 10:49 AM
Brenda Ann

"David J. Windisch" wrote in message
1. Legit copy of Windows 98 First Ed., or Windows 98 SE (stand-alone, not
upgrade version)

2. Legit copy of Office 97 Professional.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18 2

Can't upgrade to XP cuz it doesn't have drivers for my ton of legacy
hardware. But, that's all right.

Don't need books -- just real M$ CDs with the real keys.

Lemme know, pls.

73, Dave, N3HE

Old January 30th 04, 10:58 AM
Brenda Ann