Old February 2nd 04, 06:23 AM
Ben

Default SW For FT-90R?

Is there any software alternative to Yaesu's ADMS-2E? ADMS-2E sucks. I
noticed that RT systems doesn't even admit any connection it, although
they seem to have done the software for all other Yaesu gear.

Thanks.

N5DJL
Old March 19th 04, 06:29 AM
Peter Dougherty

gGary S. Idontwantspam@net said :

On 1 Feb 2004 22:23:04 -0800, (Ben) wrote:

Is there any software alternative to Yaesu's ADMS-2E? ADMS-2E sucks. I
noticed that RT systems doesn't even admit any connection it, although
they seem to have done the software for all other Yaesu gear.

However, RT Systems does make their own software for the FT-90, which
many consider to be better than the Yaesu software. I know I've been
happy with it.

Unfortunately, I'm afflicted with an FT-90 as well, and I've purchased
both pieces of sh^W software. Neither is great, but RT Systems'
version is less fecally-replete than the Yaesu version.

RT is impossible to contact, their support os lousy if you ever *do*
get through in the few hours they deign to accept calls and in
general, they are the worst software vendor I've ever had the
misfortune of dealing with.

Their earlier versions are actually less buggy that the later version
-- the most recent of which messes up the oddball splits I have on
several channels. It does a full codeplug load maybe once every 3
attempts, and it puts everything in according to the ARS bandplan,
regardless of whether ARS is desired.

I'm ditching this POS radio and even-bigger POS software in favour of
an ICOM 208H, which itself is a compromise, since I can't get a
Motorola control head in the tight space of my Saturn.

73 de Peter, W2IRT
(ex-AB2NZ, VE3THX)

Please reply to Double-you Two Eye Are Tee at Arrl.net

Old March 19th 04, 01:50 PM
Vito

Y'all must be very young, and spoiled brats to boot. Despite any/all its
shotrcomings it still beats buying two xtals for each "channel" then having
to install and net them.
73, K3DWW

"Peter Dougherty" wrote
gGary S. Idontwantspam@net said :

On 1 Feb 2004 22:23:04 -0800, (Ben) wrote:
...whining deleted ......

Old March 20th 04, 01:54 PM
Dave Edwards

And the software for it works great! Flawless for me so far!!
Great rig also!
....Dave