Old February 11th 04, 12:51 AM
Greg Doughty

Default 2m usage

I am in the market for a mobile 2m rig. I am looking at the ic v8000 (Kind of
fond of Icom as I have a 718 too). Anyways, I have been using an htx 420 ht
for 2m and am getting bored with the local net. How do I know which simplex
freqs are open and what else can I do with a decent 2m rig. Are there any
books out there concerning this. I like getting cw qso's but I can't do it as
often as I like. So I figured a little fiddlin with a rig in the van will be
good. Any suggestions?

73
Greg

2m usage Greg Doughty Equipment 2 February 11th 04 02:28 AM
Usage of 1L5 tubes, Zenith? --exray-- Boatanchors 7 September 20th 03 03:20 PM
Usage of Johnson 6N2 Transmitter and VFO Keith Boatanchors 10 September 20th 03 04:22 AM
Usage of Johnson 6N2 Transmitter and VFO Keith Boatanchors 0 September 18th 03 05:16 AM
FS Hallicrafters BC-610-II have a Hallicrafters BC-610I that looks like it has not many hours usage. It has been stored for about 15 years until discovered by me a few days ago. The cabinet is in excellent shape for a 60 year old rig. Three tubes ac5tx Boatanchors 0 July 28th 03 11:30 PM