RadioBanter

-   -   Are Alincos Throw-Away Radios? (Finding a DJ-C5 Battery) (https://www.radiobanter.com/equipment/14501-alincos-throw-away-radios-finding-dj-c5-battery.html)

Roger Gt February 18th 04 02:08 AM

"Steve Wolf" wrote in message
: $ 45 is outrageous for the battery pack when you can get 4 of
the AA cells
: and a charger for under $ 20.
: That is one reason why I picked one digital camera over
another brand.
: It used AA cells instead of a more expensive battery pack.
:
: That Pentax battery in the picture is the one that runs my tiny
Pentax
: Optio-S. I can get them on eBay for a couple bucks. I have a
number of
: batteries for it and they are cheaper than the AAs, last longer,
and behave
: better. I was also **VERY** concerned and figured that I was
going to get
: had on the batteries. I was pleasantly surprised. Even more so
now that it
: appears the Pentax batteries will be powering my Alinco radios.
:
: Steve, W8IZ
: www.w8iz.com/ham/alinco

So where can I get this battery for less than $0.36 ea (the cost
of an AA)????
Please!

Steve Wolf February 18th 04 03:04 AM

So where can I get this battery for less than $0.36 ea (the cost
of an AA)????

This radio resides in my shirt pocket. Even if I could find a rechargeable
AA lithium ion, it would not be for $0.36. It would not fit in my pocket as
nicely as a slimmer lithium ion battery such as the Pentax. A zinc-carbon
battery pack would retrograde both the size and performance of the radio.

Steve, W8IZ

Robert Kubichek February 19th 04 12:27 AM

Bob Miller wrote:
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:47:39 -0500, "Steve Wolf"
wrote:

Can anyone suggest a source for the battery shown at
http://www.w8iz.com/ham/alinco/alinco%20battery.htm

I bet this Alinco battery is also used as a camera battery. The question is
how to find it.

Radio Shack sells, literally, thousands of different battery types.
Take yours to RS and see if they can match it.

Bob
k5qwg

Thanks,
Steve, W8IZ

Try this one;

H063048 6.3 ×30 ×48 800ma 3.7v

http://www.powerstream.com/liprism.htm

Steve Wolf February 19th 04 02:51 PM

Thanks! Now to find a supplier in quantities less than 100.

73,
Steve, W8IZ