Old February 20th 04, 10:24 PM
AO KD5FXT

Default ebay message? hoax or real?

Did anybody else get this....?? Hoax?

Dear eBay User,
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify
your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.
Please update and verify your information by clicking here and signing into
your account. If the account information is not updated to current information
within 5 days then, your access to bid, buy or sell on eBay will be restricted.

Thank you
Accounts Management

Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information
about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User
Agreement if you have any questions.

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules &
Safety) | Feedback Forum | About eBay

------

Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc

Old February 20th 04, 10:43 PM
Mike Andrews

AO KD5FXT wrote:
Did anybody else get this....?? Hoax?

Dear eBay User,
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify
your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.
Please update and verify your information by clicking here and signing into
your account. If the account information is not updated to current information
within 5 days then, your access to bid, buy or sell on eBay will be restricted.

The headers will tell the tale. Please post complete headers, including
_all_ the "Received" headers, or send them to me. I run the mailfilters
for a large state government agency in the US midwest; this sort of
thing is meat and drink to me.

--
Exodus will never disconnect a spammer. By the time the complaints reach
a level adequate to persuade them, the small-arms fire will prevent their

Old February 20th 04, 10:47 PM
Brenda Ann

"AO KD5FXT" wrote in message
Did anybody else get this....?? Hoax?

Dear eBay User,

These are almost uniformly hoaxes designed to get your ebay information from
you. A quick mouse-over of the supplied link can easily show this (except
in one recent example where the perp managed to tell my computer that no
matter what I moused over, it was the ebay sign-in page.. even in another
window.. ).

Forward the entire e-mail, unedited, and un-answered to: .
You will get a confirmation from ebay within a short time of receipt of the
forward, and a short time later you'll get one that says it is a spoof.

Old February 20th 04, 11:11 PM
AO KD5FXT

Thanks, I went to the site and did those things ...... I didn't divulge any
info to the link... It was unsecure... so don't do those anyway. Besides, this
can serve as a heads up to other users.

Thank you
Bill

Old February 21st 04, 02:40 AM
Hank Oredson

It is a hoax.
Trying to collect eBay logins so they can steal your money.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old February 21st 04, 10:50 AM

On 20 Feb 2004 21:24:35 GMT, (AO KD5FXT) wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's completely bogus. In general, when you mouse over
the link, the bar at the bottom of your mail agent will display the
full URL. This fake email started with
HTTP://w.x.y.z where w.x.y.z
was a raw IP address. Later in the URL was an @ sign with the eBay URL
which appeared as the link in the email. However, it's the part before
the @ sign (the bogus part) which is the URL to which you actually get
sent to enter your private information. Ignore the real-looking logos
and other good links on the page. They're real-looking because they
_are_ real -- copied from the real eBay site.

money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 10:49 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 07:07 PM
Reflection Delay is it real??? Peter O. Brackett Antenna 7 September 20th 03 11:55 AM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM