Old September 23rd 09, 01:11 AM
Junior Member

Thumbs up GALAXY dx99v. How should I sell? Info on Radio?

Wow, I am a young male and super computer literate and I have never had such an issue registering with a forum. The CAPTCHA was out of this world. Enough of this, on to the reason of this post

I have a GALAXY DX99V, which was once my fathers before he passed away. He had it in his truck. I need to run down to a radio shop to get it tested to be sure it works well, but I was wondering if I should sell this on EBAY or local? Where would I get the best price and what should I sell it for? Keep in mind I have absolutely no experience in these radios.

Thanks so much for the advice in advance

James
Old September 23rd 09, 12:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default GALAXY dx99v. How should I sell? Info on Radio?

The Galaxy DX99V is a Mam Radio, Ten Meter Radio. It was designed for
Amateur Radio Operators to operate on the Ten Meter Ham Band. I had
one (bought new for $289.00 several years ago) but one could probably
get $50 - $70 for a really good used one now.

A side note, I don't know if your father was a licensed Ham Operator
or
not, but a lot of truckers bought these to illegally communciate with
each
other instead of using CB radio's. Very common problem even today.

Here's info on the radio direct from Galaxy ...
http://www.galaxyradios.com/99.html

Contact a local Ham Operator for further advice.

--Earl Taylor KC8QS

--
Jpm123

Old October 17th 09, 04:11 AM
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8QS.Earl View Post

On Sep 22, 7:11*pm, Jpm123 wrote:
Wow, I am a young male and super computer literate and I have never had
such an issue registering with a forum. The CAPTCHA was out of this
world. Enough of this, on to the reason of this post

I have a GALAXY DX99V, which was once my fathers before he passed
away. He had it in his truck. I need to run down to a radio shop to get
it tested to be sure it works well, but I was wondering if I should sell
this on EBAY or local? Where would I get the best price and what should
I sell it for? Keep in mind I have absolutely no experience in these
radios.

Thanks so much for the advice in advance

James

--
Jpm123
contact me ASAPplease would like to discuss payments?
73's

Galaxy DX99V, is it legal or illegal? [email protected] General 5 December 16th 09 07:54 AM
Galaxy DX99V, is it legal or illegal? Alex CB 5 October 4th 06 04:27 AM
fs galaxy dx99v George Kinzer Swap 1 June 29th 04 04:05 PM
FS Galaxy DX99v George Kinzer CB 0 June 28th 04 04:24 AM
Galaxy 93t any info? Bill Kerby CB 0 August 5th 03 04:07 AM