Old February 25th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default mic element used with FT-101ZD???

I'm in the process of bringing an FT-101ZD back from
the dead. Did not get a mic with it and need to know
if it requires a dynamic or crystal element. TIA
Steve
p.s.-don't have a manual

Old February 25th 10, 04:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Steve,
I did a "google" search and second hit was this one:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/service_...heets_y_0.html

Complete FT101ZD Service Manual, downloadable.
john

Old March 5th 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

Still on dial up here.....my link times out before I can
download a manual.

Steve-

I downloaded the manual to have in my collection. It is in 11 parts in
".rar" compressed format, of about 2 megabytes each. If you are
persistent, you should be able to download it one part at a time. You
would then collect the parts in one folder and decompress part one. The
decompression program should automatically incorporate all into one 20
Megabyte .PDF file. (I used StuffIt Expander on a Macintosh.)

To answer your original question, the microphone is 600 Ohms impedance.
I think many CB dynamic replacement microphones would work if wired
correctly. Pin 1 is ground (Shield), 2 is Microphone hot, 3 is
Push-to-talk and pin 4 is not used.

Fred
K4DII