Old March 13th 04, 03:40 PM
Bob Miller

Default IC-7800 cost?

I see Icom is advertising their new high-end transceiver in the latest
QST. They have all the details, but no cost. Any idea of what the
price is?

Bob
k5qwg

Old March 13th 04, 04:21 PM
Minnie Bannister

The latst ARRL newsletter (info. also on their Web site) says they had
ab opportunity to get their hands on a pre-release one. Price still to
be announced, but "under $11,000" (!!!). Now that may be "list price,"
with the streat price considerably less, but that's still going to be
one expensive rig. It'll probably make the Ten-Tec Orion ($3000+) seem
like a bargain.

Alan AB2OS

On 03/13/04 10:40 am Bob Miller put fingers to keyboard and launched the
following message into cyberspace:

Old March 13th 04, 04:36 PM

In article ,
Bob Miller wrote:

I see Icom is advertising their new high-end transceiver in the latest
QST. They have all the details, but no cost. Any idea of what the
price is?

Bob
k5qwg

My guess and only a guess is that if they want to sell these the price
will be $5995, still too much for me but it would be very attractive for
a great number of hams. The price could be as high as $7995. I doubt
$11000 unless they're making two verisons, one a commercal version for
military and marine use ($11K) and another version for hams ($6K-8K).

Just my guess for what ever it's worth.

73
Dale, K9VUJ

Old March 25th 04, 05:34 PM
Minnie Bannister

It's now being advertised in the UK at 6400 Pounds, which, at the
present exchange rate, must put it up around the US$11K. But I think the
UK price includes tax (15% or more?); and UK prices are typically much
higher than US prices, even when the tax is deducted.

-=-

Old March 25th 04, 06:25 PM
Mike Andrews

Minnie Bannister wrote:
It's now being advertised in the UK at 6400 Pounds, which, at the
present exchange rate, must put it up around the US$11K. But I think the
UK price includes tax (15% or more?); and UK prices are typically much
higher than US prices, even when the tax is deducted.

My experience is that US prices in US$ translate directly to UK
prices in UKP, with no change in the numbers, for most consumer
electronics.

I'll be looking for it here in the US, with prices around US$6400.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin