Old May 16th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Looking to sell old Radio equipment

-Lampkin laboratories 107c Communication service monitor -
Miratel Air Alert system
-Kikusui Electronics corp. Model 5122 Alignment
scope
-General Radio Heterodyne Frequency meter and calibrator 620-A
-General Radio Distortion and noise meter 1932-A
-HP Quartz Oscillator 103AR
-HP Pulse Generator 212A
-Instrument corp. of Florida VLF reciever
-McMartin EBS-2
-TBM-1000B FM relay receiver

I live in Eastern MA email me if you have any questions or interest in
buying.
Old May 17th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Shane H wrote:
-Lampkin laboratories 107c Communication service monitor -
Miratel Air Alert system
-Kikusui Electronics corp. Model 5122 Alignment
scope
-General Radio Heterodyne Frequency meter and calibrator 620-A
-General Radio Distortion and noise meter 1932-A
-HP Quartz Oscillator 103AR
-HP Pulse Generator 212A
-Instrument corp. of Florida VLF reciever
-McMartin EBS-2
-TBM-1000B FM relay receiver

I live in Eastern MA email me if you have any questions or interest in
buying.

That stuff is obsolete. Find a museum. Donate the ****. Get a receipt
and deduct it from your taxes.

Old May 23rd 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Anonymous wrote:

******* wrote:

Don't you dumb sonsabitches have anything else to do? If you don't want to
buy the equipment just go **** yourselves. Why do you have to posts
insults? Lost your job and don't have any work?

You girls are a Far Cry from the silent keys I used to know.

Of course, it's worth nothing that this newsgroup,
rec.radio.amateur.equipment is not a buy and sell newsgroup. It's for
the discussion of equipment related to amateur radio.

So the original post didn't belong here for that reason.

Further, since there is rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors, clearly there
is an intent that older equipment be discussed over there. It's not
primarily a buy and sell newsgroup either, though they were wishy-washy
when creating the newsgroup so buying and selling is actually allowed,
though it's supposed to be a secondary use (ie if you're talking about
older equipment, then some level of buying and selling related to
the discussion fits, but it was never intended for carpetbaggers to
suddenly appear to sell their stuff). But, the boatanchors newsgroup
would at least be read by an audience that would see the historical
aspect of the equipment in the original post.

Michael VE2BVW

Old May 23rd 10, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

starwars wrote:
Of course, it's worth nothing that this newsgroup,
rec.radio.amateur.equipment is not a buy and sell newsgroup. It's for
the discussion of equipment related to amateur radio.

So the original post didn't belong here for that reason.

It may not be obvious to people who have not followed the newsgroup since
the newsgroup name does suggest equipment discussions including perhaps
buying and selling would be appropriate. If not, someone could have pointed
it out politely instead of hurling insults at the poor fellow.

Further, since there is rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors, clearly there
is an intent that older equipment be discussed over there. It's not
primarily a buy and sell newsgroup either, though they were wishy-washy
when creating the newsgroup so buying and selling is actually allowed,
though it's supposed to be a secondary use (ie if you're talking about
older equipment, then some level of buying and selling related to
the discussion fits, but it was never intended for carpetbaggers to
suddenly appear to sell their stuff). But, the boatanchors newsgroup
would at least be read by an audience that would see the historical
aspect of the equipment in the original post.

Well said, but not everybody knows how to find newsgroups. Who knows what
news service or reader he's using, he may not have access to all groups. I
don't think it was a google post or I would not have seen it. Unless the
guy is a habitual offender who has received explanations like yours we
can't assume he is flaunting protocol.

Your gentlemanly reply is a breath of fresh air. Thank you for posting this
information. I hope it will help future readers and posters.

I didn't insult the seller. I insulted his collection of boatanchor
test gear.

It looks as though someone cleaned out a shop back in 1964 or so and
someone else recently found the stuff. The McMartin EBS receiver might
be a decent AM radio.

Old May 24th 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Sun, 23 May 2010 13:36:31 -0800, dave wrote:

It looks as though someone cleaned out a shop back in 1964 or so and
someone else recently found the stuff. The McMartin EBS receiver might
be a decent AM radio.

Some people like old stuff. I like new stuff. I have an old National
SW2 (I Think) receiver tucked away and when I locate it I will try to
find a buyer at whatever is a fair price.

Sometimes one can find interest for such things in places other than
EBAY.

I might even try to sell it here.

John Ferrell W8CCW
Old May 25th 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

John Ferrell wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2010 13:36:31 -0800, wrote:

It looks as though someone cleaned out a shop back in 1964 or so and
someone else recently found the stuff. The McMartin EBS receiver might
be a decent AM radio.

Some people like old stuff. I like new stuff. I have an old National
SW2 (I Think) receiver tucked away and when I locate it I will try to
find a buyer at whatever is a fair price.

Sometimes one can find interest for such things in places other than
EBAY.

I might even try to sell it here.

John Ferrell W8CCW

You used to be able to buy old test gear like that by the pallet full.
3o cents a pound.