Old June 27th 10, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default IC765 mode problem

Hi,
My trust IC765 has developed a strange fault - the ssb button now switches
from cw to am and not upper and lower sideband.Has anybody got any ideas on
what the problem might be.

Old June 27th 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On 2010-06-27, dave wrote:

It sounds like either a mechanical short or a processor glitch. Have you
tapped it with a screwdriver handle. Have you tried a power cycle? Is
there a processor reset button somewhere?

I'm not licensed yet, so have no experience whatsoever, but aren't
some of those rigs software upgradable. Might try that.

nb
Old June 27th 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Steve Kelly wrote:
Hi,
My trust IC765 has developed a strange fault - the ssb button now switches
from cw to am and not upper and lower sideband.Has anybody got any ideas on
what the problem might be.

It sounds like either a mechanical short or a processor glitch. Have you
tapped it with a screwdriver handle. Have you tried a power cycle? Is
there a processor reset button somewhere?

BJT MIXER QUESTION: should it be used as non-llinear mode or switching mode? e2 Homebrew 4 April 1st 06 05:45 AM
WTB 2M all mode... Demitri Swap 0 December 15th 05 03:32 AM
Haynie admits to problem, alzheimers victims respond with, "What problem?" John Smith Policy 111 June 23rd 05 01:55 AM
Icom 251A All Mode Problem Scott Homebrew 6 December 9th 03 03:01 AM
Icom 251A All Mode Problem Scott Homebrew 0 December 8th 03 12:52 AM