Old August 20th 10, 09:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Wouxun KG UVD1P

I was wondering if anyone has been programming the Wouxun handheld via a
computer using Wouxun's software.

I eventually got all installed and working, however when I got to print out
the details of the frequencies which I had programmed and saved to the hand
held (about 120) the print program only allows 3 pages rather than 4 to be
printed.

Despite a few emails to Wouxun in China they cannot shed any light on as to
why the 4 pages don't print. I suggested that they had a problem with the
program and that bought a swift and rapid denial!

I have tried the program on 3 different computers in 3 different locations
but to no avail.

They use a .tw as a file extension, and despite trying many programs nothing
will open it, as I thought I could do a cut and paste into an Excel file,
but cutting from the matrix and pasting to Excel is not accommodated.

73
John
VK2KC

Old August 28th 10, 03:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"VK2KC Gmail" wrote in message
[...]

I managed to convince Wouxun that they have a problem with their program,
and have promised me with a fix, took 5 emails to convince them!
73
John
VK2KC

Old August 28th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

VK2KC Gmail wrote:

I managed to convince Wouxun that they have a problem with their program,
and have promised me with a fix, took 5 emails to convince them!
73
John
VK2KC

Excellent. 5 ain't bad these days.
Old September 5th 10, 09:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Aug 28, 12:22*pm, "VK2KC Gmail" wrote:
"VK2KC Gmail" wrote in message
Despite a few emails to Wouxun in China they cannot shed any light on as
to why the 4 pages don't print. I suggested that they had a problem with
the program and that bought a swift and rapid denial!
VK2KC

I managed to convince Wouxun that they have a problem with their program,
and have promised me with a fix, took 5 emails to convince them!

Well, hopefully they'll come good with a fix. I have two of these
handhelds myself, but I'll admit I've never tried using the PC
software for them. I hand-programmed one (using keypad) with the
frequencies I wanted (almost filled all 128 channels... they could use
more), then constructed a cloning cable to program the second one.

http://stuartl.longlandclan.yi.org/b...uxun-kg-uvd1p/
describes the wiring of the cloning cable, should you ever need one.
Old September 13th 10, 12:16 AM
Junior Member

Smile

What verison of Software are you using? Like be know if I have the latest. I deal with these people on a daily base! As I am one of the largest overseas dealers! I will gladly send you a frish copy on the software! (Free)
KoolKatz

Old September 13th 10, 08:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

I am using KG-UVD1Pv1.16
Is there a later edition?

Do you have the problem of printing the whole frequency list, even with the
latest edition the software only prints 3 pages, when 4 is the complete
list.
John

--
KoolKatz