Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28th 04, 06:00 PM
Gary S.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:09:13 -0500, "KC8WVG , Bill"
wrote:

I'm trying to locate an emergemcy source of power to operate my 2meter
base rig in the event of a power outage. My HTX-242 manual states the
current drain of the transmitter as 8A @ 45W and 4A @ 10W. Would a 17aH
jump start battery work? Or is there something better, yet not to costly?

Yes it will. It is a nice package for the battery, and has many other
uses as well.

If you do the math, you will get close to two days operation on a
5/5/90 duty cycle.

However, you may wish to add something like an Anderson PowerPole
connector, as the ciggy lighter outlet and plug may not be happy with
the 10 Amp draw (rounding up a little for good luck).

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA