Old March 29th 04, 07:59 PM
Gadget

Default Icom IC-228H Backup Battery replacement help

Hi folks:

Looking for info on the 228H backup battery. I don't have the service
manual and wonder if someone does and could comment on what the
battery # is and its location. (The good news is that this is not one
of the Icoms that lose its config when it dies, just the memories!)

Is is located on the front pcb somewhere? I didn't see it after a
really quick peek inside.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly, NN8E
Old March 30th 04, 05:42 AM
Dave Platt

Looking for info on the 228H backup battery. I don't have the service
manual and wonder if someone does and could comment on what the
battery # is and its location. (The good news is that this is not one
of the Icoms that lose its config when it dies, just the memories!)

Is is located on the front pcb somewhere? I didn't see it after a
really quick peek inside.

I remember it being on the inside of the front panel.

Correct. Looks like a tabbed 3-volt lithium coin cell. I can't read
the ID number.

You remove the 4
screws that hold the front panel to the main body. The look inside of
the front panel and you should see the battery. Its soldered into
place.

You'll probably have to unplug a half-dozen cables between the front
panel PCB and the main board, in order to gain enough access to the
battery to remove it. Make sure you write down the locations and
orientations!

--
Dave Platt AE6EO