Old April 30th 04, 05:27 PM
Odd Erling N. Eriksen

Default Ten-Tec Omni VI TX/RX switching problem

Hi,

I just experienced a problem with my club's Omni VI - after unkeying it,
the receiver stays muted for a few seconds before returning to normal
RX mode. The transceiver keys down - I can hear the relay switch the very
same instant I let go of the PTT button, and no RF leaves the rig according
to the Bird meter - but the RX audio does not open until several seconds
later. The problem is the same regardless of mode. Resets have no effect.

Any suggestions, before I remove the top panel? Perhaps it is simply a
bad solder joint on the RX mute line pull-down resistor? (I assume Ten-Tec
has implemented the TX/RX delay in the simplest way imaginable - using a
cap to keep the RX mute signal high for a ms or so after unkeying the
transmitter?

Thanks,

--
73 de LB1LF

Odd Erling, ARK

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.