Old May 3rd 04, 08:55 PM
Finn Stampe Mikkelsen

Default IC-E90 Extended TX

Hi There

I'm thinking about buying the above mentioned radio. One of the reasons, is
it's abillity to be modified to TX on 70 MHz (4 meter).

Has anybody any experience with cutting D1 & D2, especially concerning the
RF power output on 70 MHz after the mod. I've heard that is is only a few mW
of output, but i find this hard to believe...

Looking forward to reading about your experiences...

Vy 73 de OZ5Z/Finn
++++

Old June 1st 04, 12:10 AM
Patrik Norqvist

On Mon, 3 May 2004 21:55:45 +0200, "Finn Stampe Mikkelsen"
wrote:

Hi There

I'm thinking about buying the above mentioned radio. One of the reasons, is
it's abillity to be modified to TX on 70 MHz (4 meter).

especially concerning the
RF power output on 70 MHz after the mod. I've heard that is is only a few mW
of output, but i find this hard to believe...

I have these data to share from a reliable source:

TX:
4W @ 70 MHz
1,5W @ 75 MHz
0 W @ 75MHz (no PLL lock)
Beware of serious spectral impurities!

RX:
-125 dBm @ 70 MHz
-124 dBm @ 75 MHz

Regards
/Patrik

Old June 1st 04, 01:37 AM
Dominic G7NPW

wrote:

Hi There

I'm thinking about buying the above mentioned radio. One of the
reasons, is it's abillity to be modified to TX on 70 MHz (4 meter).

especially concerning the
RF power output on 70 MHz after the mod. I've heard that is is only
a few mW of output, but i find this hard to believe...

I have these data to share from a reliable source:

TX:
4W @ 70 MHz
1,5W @ 75 MHz
0 W @ 75MHz (no PLL lock)
Beware of serious spectral impurities!

RX:
-125 dBm @ 70 MHz
-124 dBm @ 75 MHz

Regards
/Patrik

Can confirm mine does about 3 watts on 4m.

--
Regards Dominic

http://www.derby-radio.co.uk

Old June 1st 04, 01:37 AM
Dominic G7NPW

wrote:

[...]

Kenwood TH-K2 extended transmitt mod Capt. jack Equipment 1 January 24th 09 08:25 PM
Extended Double Zepp Larry D Antenna 2 July 3rd 04 04:38 AM
FT1000D extended TX PA3HGT Equipment 6 January 5th 04 07:08 PM
FT1000D extended TX PA3HGT Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 05:22 PM
Kenwood TH-K2 extended transmitt mod Capt. jack Equipment 0 October 5th 03 04:06 PM