Old May 19th 04, 05:40 PM
Steve Nosko

Default ic706mkIIg ...Am mode question

"Andrew" wrote in message
Hello, I have had my icom 706mkIIG for several years now and enjoy it.
I recently ran into a little AM action on the upper part of 10 meters
on sunday afternoons, ( 29.00-29.30 ) I noticed after the rig warms up
after about 10 mins the Am mode does not have a clean sweep forward,
in fact it looks like it almost goes backwards and or no forward
modulation at all on my watt meter. Is this common for this rig? I'm
surprized the the rig work as well as it does on Am anyways. All
other modes work fine, Any input? Thanks W4GTX

It's not clear what you mean by "clean sweep forward". What kind of a watt
meter? I better think more and possibly do some measuring on mine, but
wouldn't there be no change in power. If the MKIIG has a peak reading
circuit - probably does - then it'll be highly dependent upon the modulation
waveform aka your voice.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old May 21st 04, 02:18 AM
Jack Sheehy

I suggest the following link to help with your question:

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/plastic.htm

Jack

Old May 21st 04, 02:18 AM
Jack Sheehy

Old May 28th 04, 07:14 AM
Pete KE9OA

I remember years ago, I had a Yaesu FT-707. After a short time of
transmitting, the power would fold back as the final output stage heated up.
I wonder if this could be the case with this rig...........

Pete

Old May 28th 04, 07:14 AM
Pete KE9OA

I remember years ago, I had a Yaesu FT-707. After a short time of
transmitting, the power would fold back as the final output stage heated up.
I wonder if this could be the case with this rig...........

Pete

"Jack Sheehy" wrote in message
I suggest the following link to help with your question:

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/plastic.htm

Jack

Mode for Best Throughput? Andy Knitt Digital 22 November 7th 03 01:31 AM
Mode for Best Throughput? Andy Knitt Digital 0 November 5th 03 02:56 AM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 10 October 23rd 03 07:59 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 0 October 9th 03 09:13 PM
question ICOM PCR-1000 Tomislav Stimac Equipment 0 August 24th 03 10:59 AM