Old June 2nd 04, 06:34 PM
Clif Holland

Default LSB problems with IC706MKII

Once again.

The 706 DOES NOT have BFO or CARRIER oscillator xtals. The carrier
oscillator signal is generated by a DDS chip with it's frequency controlled
by the micro-processor referenced to the 60 MHz oscillator. There is NO
adjustment for the carrier oscillator frequency.

Try a reset of the radio and see if it

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
chafik CN8JV wrote:
On all bands,I hardly get half output power on LSB, while on the
contrary ,
I get all available output power on USB.
About the modulation: the lower frequencies of my
voice are cut off, which produces bad modulation.
On recieve:
On LSB,the signal level is not as strong as on USB,
and some frequency components of the audio are
cut off;
the same symptoms appear when recieving Brodcast stations
(AM) on LSB.
Fortunatly,I can fix this annoying problem by rotating the IF shift
knob counterclockwise(about +800 or 1000HZ), so the the recieved
signal's level geos better
along with the audio quality.

I dont know if the LSB's BFO is off frequency, or
that the FI4 filter (which select the wanted SSB) is not realy
centered on 9.011.5 MHZ.

I think the first is true - the LSB BFO is off-frequency. If the filter
was not really centered on 9011.5 then USB would have problems too.

I think you have a broken crystal. (I don't have a 706 so I can't tell
you *which* crystal) I don't think any alignment problem can cause it
to be that far off-frequency.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66