Old August 11th 04, 04:39 PM
Kilcummin

Default Subject: IC-2AT and 12 Volt Power Source

National Semiconductor makes an adjustable TO-220 package regulator that can
handle 5 amps.
It is available from Digikey.com for$2.11. Part number is LM338T-ND
Check National's web site for an application note with typical circuitry.
You will probably need a metal case to heatsink it.