Old October 27th 11, 03:17 PM
Junior Member

Location: chorley lancs england
Default kenwood tk3101

hi guys im new to this forum
i have recently bought some kenwood tk3101 radios and chargers, im struggling to buy batteries for them knb14 also i am looking to buy some more radios for our local football club there are some on ebay but are to expensive if anyone knows were to get the radios or batteries please post on here or pm me thanks for reading kind regards ian
Old November 7th 11, 11:53 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianw1969 View Post
hi guys im new to this forum
i have recently bought some kenwood tk3101 radios and chargers, im struggling to buy batteries for them knb14 also i am looking to buy some more radios for our local football club there are some on ebay but are to expensive if anyone knows were to get the radios or batteries please post on here or pm me thanks for reading kind regards ian
I too have a TK3101 and have been Googling like mad ... hence finding your post and signing up.

I've got mine connected and powered via an Autocom Pro Sport 7 on my Blackbird.

I've had the comms about 2.5 years and had it on a previous bike. I didn't get around to moving it onto my Blackbird until a few weeks ago in preparation for a big Blackbird gathering/ride out.

It turns out that all the people I'd used it with before must have been on Kenwood’s as I've never previously had a problem. On this ride out I could be heard but I couldn't hear them. It was only after the ride and finding out that people heard me singing did I realize I was actually transmitting!

My problem was they were all on CTCSS tone free channels and I had the default Kenwood "QT" tone applied.

I've just managed to rig up a power source (I have no battery) and get the software (KPG54D) working and after a lot of fiddling I have removed the QT tones from the first 8 channels. Some TK3101's allow you to turn off tones but my one doesn't which was a real pain. The software and some HEX editing sorted it out though.

Have you had issues talking to other people on yours or have your programmed it ?

Glad to see you've got your issue sorted. In trying to solve mine I get coming across this forum so I thought I'd sign up.

Despite the TK3101 being a really popular radio there's not much info around really. I think it being 10+ years old means they're disappearing. I have the manual and the Servicing Manual in PDF format but that's about it.

Last edited by Pedro : November 7th 11 at 12:00 PM