Old October 15th 04, 06:34 PM
Steve Nosko

"Bill Janssen" wrote in message
Steve Nosko wrote:

Hmmmm... Isn't this impossible since the spectrum has some average over
time thus corrupting the time element?

I was wondering if this would be possible also. But I suppose that if
the sample sets overlapped
and you did a lot of sets you could convert back to the original signal.
Would require a lot of computing though.
interesting thought.
Bill K7NOM

Seems to me you'll need spectrum samples at often enough time intervals to
have enough of the original voice formant samples to re-create the time
domain form...but this is off the cuff. Been years since studying Fourer
and speesh recognition and synthesis.
Actually doing it...now that's another story. Speculation is the easy
part...
73,
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old October 15th 04, 07:56 PM
David Nakamoto

Not sure if this suggestion has come up yet, but here goes.

The visual spectrum goes from low frequencies in the red continuously
through to violet at the other end, with I believe a frequency change of 2x,
meaning the violet colors have twice the frequency of the red ones.

Why not take that spectrum and directly convert it to a sound by running it
through a frequency domain to time domain transformation; I believe that's
called an inverse Fourier transform? It would be exactly the same as taking
the frequency spectrum of a sound and getting the actual sound back by
running it through the transform function.

I think this is a neat project. I'd be willing to take it on, with a
paycheck in return of course. ^_^
--
Sincerely,
--- Dave

Old October 15th 04, 08:18 PM
Guy Macon

Steve Nosko says...

...and speesh recognition...

Had a bit too much to drink before posting?

Sorry. Couldn't resist...