Old December 7th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default CB radio for emergencies?

"Justin" wrote in message
On 12/7/2012 5:07 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Yes I'm planning on getting a HAM license, however I'm studying for the
CPA first.
What about brands like Kenwood? Aren't they know for decent quality?

They are fine brands. Just as Icom and Yeasu are. I was thinking of the
price. You get about the same in any of them. I have a Wouxun HT that I
bought several years ago. Many in the ham club have them and they work
fine. That is about a $ 120 each radio.
There are many places to get the Wouxun. Here is one :
http://www.wouxun.us/item.php?item_i...category_id=46

I bought mine from a local dealer.