Old January 2nd 05, 08:59 AM
Leland C. Scott

Default Need an elmer

wrote in message
I cannot get any help from the HAM elists in Houston, TX so...

And I'll bet they sit around the radio all night babbling on and on to each
other about how Ham Radio is a dying hobby, and can't figure out why. Go
figure and good luck.

Regards;
--
Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO

Wireless Network
Mobile computing
on the go brought
to you by Micro$oft

Old January 2nd 05, 08:28 PM
Sarge

where are you?

wrote in message
I cannot get any help from the HAM elists in Houston, TX so... thought

that I
would try this venue and maybe someone from Houston will read this and not

mind
doing a little elmering.

Anyway...

Is there any chance of getting some help on putting up a 25G??
I need to know sources and supplies, etc and methods etc for setting up
my shack. but concentrating on the Tower first.

I am a 61yr old Tech license - finally got around to doing it after

starting the
first time in 1951... theory was never a problem, just the damned code.
That is still the problem especially with all the morphine I take for

tumor
pain.

I have about 50' of tower, a VX7R, an IC-736, an AlfaDelta 40m dipole and

about
4.5' of a section of tower sticking out of a 3' diam hole filled with

concrete.
got the ground rods, etc just need to know where to get what kind of

materials
to connect the rods to the tower legs and how to do it.

Also, where to get 2"od .25" wall aluminium tube/pipe for a gin pole and

for a
mast

And how to fix the legs of the sections so that they go together - the

slip
joints don't .. slip, that is.

yada...

I have read this
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-tower-assembly4.htm
but it seems to be old, and written in French and then translated.

isfaik, strap copper is no longer recommended for ground rod to tower leg

or to
a single point copper bulkhead.

I have GOT to find that blue covered Antenna Handbook!! It is buried

around
here somewhere

sigh..

thanks
chas

--
Charles L Hamilton, Houston, TX
for swapping, selling, buying firearms related stuff

Old January 2nd 05, 08:48 PM
Bob Miller

Umm, since you have a Tech license, have you tried getting on any of
the Houston repeaters, and asking for help/Elmer-ing? When I lived in
Houston, there were quite a few fairly active repeaters there...

For tower materials of any kind or aluminum whatevers, try Texas
Towers in Dallas -- see their web site or call them.

Have a happy...

bob
k5qwg