Old February 23rd 15, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [PD0AC] Baofeng Tech teaser unveiled

Post : Baofeng Tech teaser unveiled
Author : Hans
Tags : Anytone, Anytone Tech, Baofeng, Baofeng Tech, GMRS, MURS, NOAA,
Preppers
Categories : Amateur Radio, Chirp, HAM Gear, HAM Radio

From the moment Baofeng Tech posted their teaser, I've been in contact with

Todd, Managing Director of Baofeng Tech ( https://baofengtech.com/ ) and now
Anytone Tech ( https://anytonetech.com/ ) .

Basically I've known all along what was going on, but promised not to publish
or share any information before a certain date: February 23, 00.00 UTC. It's
common practice to sign an NDA (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement ) in such a case, which
I did, and something I will always honor to the letter.

[...]

Old February 23rd 15, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In article ,
PD0AC via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

Post : Baofeng Tech teaser unveiled

Hmmm. This seems like one of the situations in which the marketing
team ought to have paid a bit more attention to the language in which
the product was going to be marketed. It's always embarrassing when
the product name has implications that might not be what you would
want to convey.

I mean, choosing to sell a radio under the model code name of "ANILE"
seems like a decision that they might want to re-think... :-)

Old February 23rd 15, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:50:56 EST, Dave Platt wrote:

I mean, choosing to sell a radio under the model code name of "ANILE"
seems like a decision that they might want to re-think... :-)

Reminds me of the Ford "Aspire".
It may have had the "ambition" to be an automobile,
but I don't believe it ever "achive"d it. :-)